Terms and Conditions including Residential Workshop Ground Rules
Please read the following Terms and Conditions, including our Residential Workshop Ground Rules and Booking Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions before agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, please contact the Hoffman Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +44 (0)1903 88 99 90.
References in these Terms and Conditions to “Hoffman Institute” or to “we”, “our” or “us” are in each case references to Hoffman Institute UK Limited. References to “you” or “your” are to you, the participant on the Hoffman Process (which we also refer to as “the Process” and “the course”). These Terms and Conditions are the exclusive basis for the contract between you and us. No other terms or conditions (whenever and however communicated), nor any amendment or addition to these Terms and Conditions will apply unless agreed by a Director of Hoffman Institute UK Limited in writing.
WE PARTICULARLY DRAW ATTENTION TO ‘OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU’.
Attending A Hoffman Residential Workshop
Before you attend a Hoffman residential workshop, we will ask you to complete and sign an enrolment form and pre-course work. This document requires you to confirm that all information provided to us is up to date and fully accurate and that you do not have any doubts about your mental, emotional or physical ability to handle the work involved in the workshop. These Terms and Conditions and all the documents referred to in the Terms and Conditions are in force from the date that we receive your completed enrolment form. Attendance is strictly conditional on you completing and signing the enrolment form and providing to us your pre-course work.
We have the right to suspend your place or decide that you cannot attend the course if:
- we do not receive your pre-course work at least 21 days before the before the course start date;
- if your pre-course work is incomplete; or
- if we feel that you would benefit from seeing a therapist before attending.
You agree that it is solely your responsibility to provide us with accurate and up-to-date information up until course registration and this means that you may have to update us after completing the pre-course work. If there have been any changes to your personal, medical or therapeutic situation which, if known at the time would have led to us not accepting your application, we shall have the right to decide that you cannot attend the course, or if the workshop has started, that you must immediately leave the course. You agree that you understand that you may be putting yourself or other people at risk if you fail to give us the information we request or that information is not accurate.
You understand and agree that Hoffman workshops, including for the avoidance of doubt arrival at the venue prior to registration, registration, the workshop itself and any post-workshop extension, is a private and personal experience for each participant. As such, you agree to respect the confidentiality of all participants and their remarks and actions, and you agree to keep all such information private and confidential.
You agree to respect the confidentiality, identity and experience of any Hoffman participant worldwide. You undertake not to publish any person’s name in any media without their prior written consent or refer to them in terms that would make them personally identifiable. You accept that photography, video and sound recording are not permitted at the venue during the workshop.
If there is reason to believe that children or vulnerable adults may be at risk of harm or if there is a perceived risk of significant self-harm or suicide we may have to make a disclosure in accordance with our Safeguarding Policy (available here)
RESIDENTIAL WORKSHOP GROUND RULES
These rules are for your safety and to ensure that you, and the rest of the participants, gain the most from the course.
- Alcohol and other mood-altering drugs (legal or illegal) are prohibited for the duration of the course. You must notify us before the course commences of the use of prescribed medication including any sleep medication, antidepressants, mood stabilisers or similar.
- For your own safety and the safety of others, it is a requirement of the Hoffman Institute that you do not bring alcohol, or any recreational drugs to the Process venue or arrive at the venue under the influence of any such substance. If you break this agreement, then you will be asked to leave the course immediately and we reserve the right to refuse refund or reimbursement.
- Unless single accommodation is available and requested, rooms will be shared with up to two other persons of the same sex.
- You agree to treat other course participants, Hoffman and venue staff with respect at all times throughout the course. We will not tolerate aggressive, abusive or sexualised behaviour at any Hoffman event or in any workshop venue. This includes threatening speech, innuendo, inappropriate language or touch. Participants exhibiting such behaviour will be asked to leave the course immediately and will not be entitled to a course refund.
- You are responsible for your wellbeing, including getting sufficient food and sleep before and during the Process and taking any prescribed medicines on time. To benefit from the workshop, it is essential that you participate in all of its taught sessions.
- We do not encourage you to leave the Process site for the duration of the course. If for any reason you need to do this, you agree to let a member of the Hoffman team know either verbally or in writing before you leave the site.
- If at any time you feel unwell, you are to let a member of the Hoffman staff know. However, we are not providing you with medical advice and our help cannot replace any medical advice or assistance you many need. If you feel that you need medical advice or assistance please let a member of staff know immediately.
Intellectual Property Rights
You understand and agree all of the intellectual property rights in our website and all materials, concepts and information presented during the workshop, whether orally or in writing, are the property of the Hoffman Institute or our licensors. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- not to reproduce, copy or otherwise duplicate such materials without the express permission of the Hoffman Institute.
- that materials presented in the workshop are intended solely for use in the workshop. You acknowledge that while you are welcome to benefit from the materials personally, and to express and share those benefits in all aspects of your life, you are not permitted to resell, modify and resell, and/or repackage and resell and /or rename and resell the materials.
- not to use the materials or any part of them (either reproduced or modified) in connection with any seminar, training programme, therapy, workshop, consulting or other commercial or business activity without the written consent of the Hoffman Institute.
- that this agreement supersedes any prior agreements you may have made regarding the use of the materials, and that, if necessary, you will again obtain the Hoffman Institute’s written consent before using any of the materials.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during your enrolment calls.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to services supplied with reasonable skill and care.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply our services for domestic and private use. If you use our services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
You agree to provide us with full contact details for two emergency contacts, at least one of whom is aware that you are doing the Hoffman Process. We will only use these contacts if we have concerns for your well-being. Once these contacts have been provided, you must notify us in writing if you later decide to rescind/amend them.
At the end of the course, we will ask you if we may use your contact details (with your consent) to circulate, as a contact list, to your specific workshop group. We will also ask for your ongoing consent to inform you of further workshops or events in the future.
Prices quoted by us are inclusive of accommodation, meals, tuition, all course materials and VAT. No reduction in fees will be made for non-participation in any aspect of the course, including meals. Our charges will be as per the event page dedicated to the workshop on our website. These prices may change from time to time, but our charges will be fixed at the time we accept your application in accordance with ‘Attending the Course’ above. However, if you delay your course start date in accordance with ‘policy for changing course date’ below, we reserve the right to charge our fees that would be in effect from the day we confirm you place on that rearranged date.
Payment is broken down into a deposit made at the time of booking, and a balance payable, due four weeks before the start of a course, unless you have arranged a payment plan and received a promissary note from the office. Balance amounts may vary, however, we have the right to suspend your place or decide that you cannot attend the course if we do not receive your balance within twenty eight days of the course start date.
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have a legal right to change your mind about our services within 14 days of entering into contract with us. If you have registered within 14 days of your workshop start date, we will issue you with an addendum to these Terms and Conditions that outlines your right to cancel in those circumstances.
Once we have completed providing our services you cannot change your mind, even if the cancellation period is still running. If you cancel after we have started providing our services, you must pay us for the services provided up until the time you tell us that you have changed your mind. We reserve the right to deduct from any refund an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it was supplied, ending with the time when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
If you change your mind you will not receive further services from us, but both you and we will still be bound by our Confidentiality Agreement, Privacy Notice and Safeguarding Policy.
If you change your mind and you have not registered within 14 days of the start of your course, you can cancel your booking by telephone, by emailing email@example.com or by post to our registered address (below), and the following will apply:
If we receive your communication that you have changed your mind:
- before the date that is 12 weeks before the course start date – your deposit (and any other fees paid) will be refunded to you or transferred to another Hoffman event at no extra charge;
- in the period that starts on the date 12 weeks before the course start date and ending on the day before the date 2 weeks before the course start date – we will return any course fees but retain your deposit (if we decide that the course is not suitable for you in accordance with “Attending the Course” will also refund your deposit); and
- in the period that starts on the date 2 weeks before the course start date and ends on the course start date no part of the fee will be refunded.
In the event that:
- you do not attend the first course session;
- you withdraw from the course after the start of the first course session;
- you are asked to leave the workshop for breaching these Terms and Conditions; or
- you are otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions, then no part of the course fee (including the deposit) will be refunded.
Policy for changing course date
If you suffer from sudden ill health or close bereavement and are unable to participate in the workshop, please contact the Institute immediately in writing by post or by email. In certain circumstances, you may be able to transfer to another course. Refunds may be considered if a medical certificate is provided.
If you want to change the course start date for another reason (e.g. work, personal or family plans change), we reserve the right to levy a charge of £60 to cover our associated administrative costs.
Cancellations and changes to courses by the Hoffman Institute
The Hoffman Institute will make every effort to provide the programme agreed. However, we reserve the right to alter or cancel the venue or date of a course for any cause beyond our reasonable control. In the very unlikely event that a course is cancelled, you may transfer your registration to another course or receive a full refund of monies paid to us.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date
- These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
The Hoffman Institute, P.O Box 72, Quay House, Arundel, West Sussex BN18 9DF. Tel: +44 (0)1903 88 99 90
Hoffman Institute UK Limited, Registered in England & Wales, Number: 04290404 at: PO Box 72 Quay House, River Road, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 9DF
Last updated: 11 October 2018