The Hoffman Scholarship Fund
Step on board our Vision
The Hoffman Scholarship Fund was set up in line with Bob Hoffman’s Vision to ‘create peace in the world, one person at a time’ and is enabled with the assistance of our registered charity partner, Earth Community Trust. (UK charity number 1143660)
The Fund allows us to provide subsidised Hoffman Process places to Hoffman applicants who either work in a humanitarian field or provide services that support social welfare, but who would otherwise not be able to afford the course fees.
Please note that Hoffman does not issue 100% scholarships. The level of financial support we undertake to provide to applicants remains at our discretion and will vary on a case-by-case basis, with most awards being in the region of £500.
Those who apply for funding to the Hoffman Scholarship committee will need to:
- Demonstrate that you currently work or volunteer in a field that supports humanitarian or environmental welfare. You may be a teacher, therapist, foster parent, youth or social worker, emergency worker, carer, or health practitioner. Perhaps you run a charity or community group, or volunteer in a role outside of your day-to-day employment where you give your time and expertise to support a community in other ways. In either case, you’re encouraged to apply and tell us why doing the Hoffman Process would make a difference to you and to the people you support.
- Explain why you feel that the work you currently do helps educate the public in a holistic way of living and why doing the Hoffman Process would benefit your wider community.
Criteria for receiving a scholarship include:
- your readiness for the Process.
- the potential contribution that your Process could make to the life of your family, the people you support and your wider community
Please be aware before making an application:
- If you are offered and accept a subsidised Scholarship place on the Hoffman Process, you will need to be able to commit to paying the remaining fee balance once the award discount has been allocated. Most awards are in the region of £500, which would leave a balance of £2,700 to pay.
- The Scholarship Fund relies on donations in order to operate. From time to time, this unfortunately means that we are unable to offer any subsidised places through the Fund.
- As a condition of receiving a subsidised Process place, we will check in with you six months after you complete the course and ask you to provide us with a case study, testimonial or other way of communicating the benefit that the Process has brought to you and those around you.
Before applying to the fund, it might be worthwhile considering whether a standby place might be an alternative option for you. Standby offers a discount of £500 to participants who are able to attend a Process at short notice, usually in the event that another participant cancels at the last minute. For more information about standby places, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on +44(0)1903 88 99 90. We also offer payment plans by pre-arrangement that can help to spread the cost of the Process; visit our Price page for more details.
There are two forms to complete as part of your Hoffman Scholarship Fund application.
The first is to tell us a little about you and why you feel you would be a good candidate for a Hoffman scholarship. Click here to complete your scholarship application.
The second is an enrolment form, which is the first step in registering on the Process itself. This form will be read by members of our enrolment team to help us assess your general suitability for the course. Click here to complete your scholarship enrolment form.
If you need any help with your application, or have questions about the Hoffman Scholarship fund, please call the office or email email@example.com