Hoffman UK and Anti-Racism: Our Statement of Intent
Hoffman UK is committed to actively dismantling structural racism both within our organisation and in society at large. We recognise the pervasive nature of racism and understand our responsibility to actively combat it.
Over the past six months, we have engaged in collective reflection and are starting collaborative efforts to initiate significant transformations within our organisation. We humbly acknowledge that we don’t possess all the solutions. We understand our journey towards comprehension and growth is ongoing. It is our vision to create an environment that nurtures inclusivity, well-being and happiness for all individuals involved.
Our intent is to cultivate a discrimination-free environment, countering prejudice and systemic biases. We strive to ensure that everyone who interacts with Hoffman Institute UK is treated with dignity and fairness, irrespective of race, ethnicity, nationality or cultural background.
To achieve this, we are committed to the following:
- Education and Awareness: We are committed to educating ourselves and our employees about the impacts of racism. We actively seek opportunities for learning, unlearning, listening, and engaging in open dialogue. We recognise the ongoing nature of this process.
- Anti-Racist Training: We have implemented comprehensive anti-racist training for all staff. This training will empower our team to be effective allies and advocates for racial equality, equipping them with the knowledge and tools to identify and challenge racism in both their personal and professional lives.
- Inclusive Practices: We continuously review our policies, procedures, and practices to identify any biases that may exist.
- Collaboration: We understand that combating racism requires collective effort. We actively seek partnerships and collaborations with organisations and individuals who share our commitment to anti-racism. By working together we can amplify our impact and drive meaningful change.
- Accountability and Evaluation: We regularly evaluate our progress in implementing conflict resolution policies. We hold ourselves accountable for any shortcomings and make necessary adjustments to ensure our efforts align with our goals.
These actions are a starting point not an exhaustive list. Their implementation requires continuous commitment and effort. We have established an internal ‘Beacon’ group which will meet regularly to assess our progress, hold us accountable, and guide us in identifying additional measures to ensure our ongoing progress as an organisation.