Foundations in Parenting is suitable for all mothers, fathers and carers of children aged 0-12, whether you have done the Hoffman Process or not. Led by Supervising Hoffman Teacher Eliza Meredith and Parenting Coach Michelle Matthews in the company of other parents, you will have the opportunity to explore your experiences, gain inner confidence and build community.
For those with older children, we offer the workshop Parenting: The Teenage Years. Click here for more information.
Foundations in Parenting: The Childhood Years
Can’t make this date? The next workshop is on Saturday 30 September. Click here to book.
What does the day cover?
The day will run from 9.30am for a 10.00am start and will finish at 5.00pm.
The structure of the day will include exploration, exercises, and experiential work.
- Key developmental milestones
- Tuning into the spirit of my child. What is happening in their bodies and brains?
- Understanding and supporting resilience in my little one
Becoming a Parent:
- The relationship between how I was parented and what I do (or don’t do)
- Where do I need support…(where am I off balance with parenting….. and what pushes my buttons?)
- Developing my ‘parent muscle’
- Establishing a rhythm with sleep, movement, food, love and boundaries
- Shifting sands – just when you think you have it cracked, the next stage appears
The work will be a mixture of taught and group/pair work based around Hoffman tools.
“Today has helped me to realise that the problems I face are not unique, that many parents are going through similar issues. Today’s course has given me strategies and advice and made me feel empowered to make the changes I need to make…”
(J, workshop attendee, February 2017)
Venue: The Welsh Chapel
Venue Phone: 020 12 345 678
Venue Website: http://www.welshchapelclapham.com/homeAddress:
The Welsh Chapel is just up the hill from the Starbucks on St. John’s Road. Parking: Parking is free on a Sunday evening, but you cannot drive along St. John’s road and so must access Beauchamp Road from Lavender Hill via Ilminster Gardens. There is also parking at nearby Asda (SW11 1JG). Parking is free for up to two hours or £2 for three hours By Train & Underground: The Welsh Clapel is a 5 minute walk from Clapham Junction Rail station: Walk 100 yards down St. John’s hill from the main entrance, turn right along St. John’s Road, go along 50 yards and take the first left – Beauchamp Rd. There is a sign pointing up the hill for the “Welsh Chapel”. The chapel is 100 yards up on the corner as the road turns left. It is at least a 20 minute walk from Clapham Common tube station, but there are a number of buses (345, 35, 37) that go from there down to Clapham Junction.
- Foundations in Parenting Workshop: June 24 2017
June 24, 2017
10:00 am - 5:00 pm